The left has utterly lost its grounding in reality. They seem to be suffering from a kind of mass psychosis in accusing conservatives of being in any way responsible for the mass shooting in Arizona. The guy seems to be stone-cold crazy. Nothing more, nothing less. To the extent that he appears to have any coherent political leanings, they are apparently to the left not to the right according to his former classmates.
Yet leftists like Paul Krugman are trying to accuse conservatives of causing his shooting spree because of their use scary rhetoric. Even if you assume something like Sarah Palin’s target map could move someone to violence, I’m curious why they think these examples of left-leaning martial imagery weren’t the cause instead.
- Joe Manchin literally shot the cap & trade bill
- Obama said “if they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun”
- Obama called on supporters to “punish their enemies”
- Craig Kilborn put up a photo of George Bush with the caption “Snipers Wanted”
- Paul Krugman wrote that Dems could go ahead and “hang Senator Joe Lieberman in effigy”
- John Kerry made a joke how he could have “gone to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and killed the real bird [Pres. Bush] with one stone”
- The Democratic Leadership Conference used target graphic like Sarah Palin’s before she did
- Daily Kos had Red. Giffords on its “target list”
- The bumper sticker of a W with a line through it
- The bumper sticker and protest sign “Bush lied, people died”
- The anti-Bush bumper sticker and protest sign “Somewhere a village is missing an idiot”
- The protest sign of Bush with a Hitler mustache
- NY Comptroller Alan Hevesi said Sen. Schumer would “put a bullet between the president’s eyes if he could get away with it”
- Sarah Palin was hung in effigy
- Howard Dean said “I hate republicans and everything they stand for.”
- Jonathan Chait wrote “I hate President George W. Bush.”
- Rep. Steve Cohen says the GOP is like Goebbels and the Nazis.
- Pretty much the entire leftwing political-media complex described the Tea Parties as racist and referred to the attendees as “tea baggers.”
So, let’s hear it lefties. Why don’t you have blood on your hands?
Update: added a couple to the list.
Update (1/22/2011): added a couple more.